Sunday, September 15, 2013

C4T

C4T

Week 1
I was assigned PEPRN for my comments 4 teachers assignment. The first blog I read was "Students' rush in where teachers fear to tread: Sport Education as student-centered approach." In this blog the author blogged about to new method to teaching sport education. He purposed a more student-centered approach. How do you do this in P.E. do you ask? well easy allow the students to be more than just the student. Allow them to be the coach, the referee, or athlete. Place the students in smaller groups, depending on the activity, and allow them to create their own game/team. Give the students the choice.

In response to reading his blog I commented to him. I have found in years of being a student of P.E. that when given a choice students cooperation levels increase. When the students have a say in their learning the learning process goes over a lot more smoothly. I am a strong believer in the methods Ash was purposing. The students are more in control of their learning and this gives them a sense of ownership in the skills they are learning.

Week 2
The second blog I was assigned was PEPRN  "What did you learn in PE today? How to stand in queue?" In this blog the author blogs about the types of experiences we present to children in our choices of activity and the pedagogical approaches that we use. The blog expresses the concerns of the methods of teaching PE these days. Do we really want to teach our students how to stand in queues? This gives the readers ideas of how to change the ways of teaching from standing in lines to giving the students life skills of lifelong participation.

In my response I made a connection to standing in queues throughout my high school physical education classes. I expressed my love for this method and concept of teaching lifelong participation skills. Along with my acceptance to the method I also expressed my concerns. Will these methods work in any environment or school system? The facilities that are given to PE teachers in our area is nothing to brag about. In my future career I would love to implement a teaching method like this.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment